Girne American University
Faculty of Architecture, Design and Fine Arts Department of Architecture
With the patrociny of: Associazione Storia della Città, Italy
International Survey and Design Seminar & Workshop:
Reading and designing the Kyrenia Castle
ENHANCING HERITAGE IN THE HISTORICAL LANDSCAPE
6-13 May 2018, Girne, Cyprus
Girne American University, Faculty of Architecture, Design and Fine Arts, Department of Interior Architecture
International Centre for Heritage Studies, Girne American University Girne, North Cyprus,
In collaboration with:
Özyeğin University, Faculty of Architecture and Design, Department of Interior Architecture and Environmental Design, Istanbul
The Department of Antiquities and Museums, TRNC
Dipartimento di Architettura-(DIDA), University of Florence
School of Specialization in Architectural Heritage and Landscape, “Sapienza”, University of Rome
Department of History, Representation and Restoration of Architecture, “Sapienza”, University of Rome
Prof. Dr. Kutsal Öztürk
Prof. Dr. Orhan Hacıhasanoğlu
Prof. Dr. Stefano Bertocci
Prof. Dr. Carlo Bianchini
Prof. Dr. Daniela Esposito
Assoc. Prof. Marco Cadinu
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Alessandro Camiz, Girne American University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Zeynep Ceylanlı, Özyeğin University
Assist. Prof. Dr. Giorgio Verdiani, University of Florence, Department of Architecture-(DIDA)
Teaching Coordinators (DIDA, University of Florence) Assist prof. Dr. Gianni Minutoli, Giovanni Pancani, Paola Puma, Andrea Ricci
Pembe Özen (Department of Antiquities and Museums), Assist.Prof. Dr. Valentina Donà, Assist. Prof. Dr. Carmelo Cascino, Girne American University (GAU) – Faculty of Architecture, Design and Fine Arts, Department of Architecture.
Tutors: Marika Griffo (“Sapienza”, University of Rome), Gabriele Farre (Farre+Stevenson Architettura), Zarif Ezdeşir (Girne American University), Almira Khafizou, (Girne American University), Emilia Valletta (“Sapienza”, Università di Roma).
Students from University of Florence and from “Sapienza”, University of Rome, together with GAU and Özyeğin students in Architecture, Interior Architecture and Master, divided in different teams, coordinated by different tutors, will be taking part in different activities:
- Laser Scanner digital survey of the Kyrenia Castle, under the direction of the Laboratory of the University of Florence.
- Photographic digital survey of the Kyrenia Castle, under the direction of the Laboratory of the University of Florence.
- Documentation of the archaeological materials in the deposits of the Department of Antiquities, connected to the Kyrenia Shipwreck
- Design of an Archaeological museum inside the Kyrenia Castle
- Historical research on the Kyrenia Castle
- Restoration project of the Kyrenia Castle
A seminar will open the workshop, a midterm report will be held in between, and final presentation of the results will be in the last day
- Workshop: 6th to 13th May 2018,
- Participation is free for selected architecture and interior architecture students, accommodation, transportation and food will not be provided by the organization
- Send your proposal of participation to email@example.com before April 6th 2018
- GAU students who attend at least 75% of the workshop if they want will be credited ARC373 ARCHITECTURAL HERITAGE (3 CREDITS TECHNICAL ELECTIVE), spring semester, (Credits must be paid to GAU beforehand).
The results of the workshop will be published in a book and exhibited in public.